Sunday, July 22, 2012

expanded shorts

This summer I discovered that I had outgrown my jean shorts. But I decided to try and make them work.
This was a pretty simple project and I really like the result!

 
yes that is a chicken! 

All you do is cut your shorts down both sides. Measure out how much fabric you need/want on the sides(I just used a t-shirt for the material). Then sew each side onto the jeans. If your sewing machine is like mine, hand sewing may be better on the thick top part of the jeans. I would recommend trying them on after the first side. I unfortunately made mine an little too big, hence the belt, but better big than too small. 


And now you have a new one of a kind pair of shorts! Don't forget to show them off and amaze people when you tell them you made them yourself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment