I was really craving some healthier desserts after all of the Christmas baking. We got a whole bunch of persimmons and my grandma has some great recipes for them. I substituted some healthy flours and I love the flavor that came out of it!
Persimmon Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup persimmon pulp*
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix then add
11/4 cup oats *
1 cup buckwheat *
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Bake at 350 for about 8-10 minutes and enjoy!
*grind it up in a blender or food processor
I left about 1/2 cup of oats whole
you may need to add some water with the persimmons
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup persimmon pulp*
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix then add
11/4 cup oats *
1 cup buckwheat *
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Bake at 350 for about 8-10 minutes and enjoy!
*grind it up in a blender or food processor
I left about 1/2 cup of oats whole
you may need to add some water with the persimmons
No comments:
Post a Comment