Sunday, June 17, 2012

apricots

My aunt brought by some apricots that were really ripe. I've never had apricot anything before, but I decided to try something. So here's the result:

Apricot Cobbler
7 apricots (more or less depending on size)
2 cups oats
1 cup brown sugar
3 Tbs butter (hard)
cinnamon
nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350F. Cut up apricots into small pieces and place evenly in 9X9 pan. Mix oats and sugar in blender then cut in butter till only small pieces are left. Sprinkle lots of cinnamon and a little bit of nutmeg onto the apricots then pour oat mixture over it. Sprinkle a bit more cinnamon on top and bake for about an hour.



There you go, super easy and delicious! I love the sourness of the apricots, but you can add sugar to the fruit part if you want to. It's amazing right out of the oven with some vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment