Tuesday, June 5, 2012

gingersnaps

Time for more cookies! I really like food filled with different flavors and spices, so gingersnaps are one of my very favorites. I based the recipe off of the Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book, and tweaked it a little.

1 1/4 cup oat flour (grind up oats in blender)
1 cup white flour
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ginger (I didn't measure out the spices, so these are estimates)
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice

Mix all ingredients together then shape and put onto baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake in 375 F. oven for 8-10 minutes.

Pretty easy, and the result are some delicious cookies! They seem like they'd be good with a glass of milk (if I liked it!). The recipe also said to roll the dough in balls then roll in sugar, but I guess I was so excited for them to be done that I forgot that step! Oat flour gives the cookies a nice texture and doesn't change the taste too much. Usually when making food with spices, I just add a whole bunch more than called for because I like to taste it all. The original recipe called for about half of what is in this one, so if you want to play it safe, just add less. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment